Snapshot of Holden
For over 40 years, Holden High School has been a safe haven for non-traditional learners from all over the San Francisco Bay Area. The founder of Holden recognized that too many students in traditional school systems were not being served well, if at all. This is as true now as it was 40 years ago. If you are looking for an innovative, alternative, vibrant, unique approach to education, come check us out.
We are a great fit for:
- Teens who need a school to fit them instead of vice versa
- Students who want to go to a 4 year college but aren’t succeeding in high pressure environments
- Teens who need a safe environment because they have been bullied or have not found acceptance
- Students who have mild to moderate learning issues
- Students who have experienced depression or anxiety that may be getting in the way of their learning
Students graduate from Holden with academic confidence and intellectual curiosity, the ability to advocate for themselves, a strong sense of community, a passion for learning, and solid plans for their futures. We are located in the East Bay, just a 10 minute walk from the Orinda BART.