In order to see whether Holden might be a good fit for your student, please call or sign up online for one of the options listed below.
- Information Nights are scheduled on Mondays or Wednesdays and begin at 6pm. Sign up online. Information Nights are a great way to hear about our program, meet some current students, and see short teacher demos.
- Small Group Tours are scheduled during the school day. Holden limits these to no more than three families per group. Please call (925) 254-0199 or email (email@example.com) for the next available tour time, or request a tour online. Small group tours are a great way to see the school while it is in session. These tours take about 1 hour.
- Complete and return the Application Form. Prospective students should handwrite answers to questions. Download and complete the 2018-19 Application.
- Schedule student for a visit day. Student interviews will be held during the visit day. (Students may visit before submitting an application.)
- Submit current IEP, 504 plan, and/or learning assessment (if applicable).
- Fill out and submit a medical release form (if applicable).
- Have a current or recent teacher complete and send us a recommendation. Download our Teacher Recommendation Form. This form should be emailed directly to to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed directly to Holden High School Admissions, 10 Irwin Way, Orinda, CA 94563.
- Submit a writing sample from current school year (essay, research paper, or creative writing piece). On the writing sample, please include the nature of the assignment. (If applying for the Elective Class Option Program, no writing sample is needed.)
- Enclose application fee of $85.
- Optional: schedule student for a visit week. The non-refundable fee for a visit week is $275.
Note: Sometimes the admissions committee requests additional interviews or forms to be completed.
Dates & Deadlines
Please see below for important dates and deadlines around the admission process.
Sept. 11, 2017 Student visits begin
Sept. 27, 2017 Information Session
Oct. 25, 2017 Information Session
Dec. 4, 2017 Information Session
Jan. 11, 2018 Applications for prospective 9th graders due by 5pm (including Teacher Recommendation forms)
Jan. 30, 2018 Tuition Reduction Applications due by 5pm
March 5, 2018 Information Session
March 15, 2018 Decision letters and Notification of Tuition Reduction mailed.
April 9, 2018 Enrollment Agreements due by 5pm
April 23, 2018 Information Session
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual preference, wardrobe, or disability.
“Holden has given me the opportunity, and motivated me, to do new things: an on-line class, attend Berkeley City College, and do an internship in Nicaragua editing videos.”
– Benjamin Bank, class of 2016.