Do you have a child with learning differences who struggles with distance learning?
Are you seeing new behaviors that are concerning you?
If your family is stressed-out about teaching from home, COVID, work, and parenting (especially for children who learn differently), you are not alone.
Holden High School’s comprehensive approach to distance learning is personalized, interactive, supportive, and structured.
The Holden Distance Learning Difference
Holden ensures that students are supported academically, physically, creatively, socially, and emotionally, even outside the bounds of our classrooms.
Holden’s distance learning model includes:
- Small class sizes (eight or fewer students)
- Customized academics that encourage and nurture each student’s unique learning style.
- One-on-one weekly student counseling sessions.
- Regularly scheduled student/advisor check-ins that promote student’s social-emotional and academic well-being.
- Wide range of weekly elective courses that support creative, physical, and social-emotional needs.
- Personalized support for reluctant learners.
- Optional office hours for additional academic support.
- Use of innovative technologies to assess learning.
- Parent support and family counseling sessions.
When In-Person Learning Resumes
The health and safety of our community is our number one priority. Holden monitors all state and local guidelines and follows our public health officials’ advice.
The 2020 school year has begun with our distance learning model. Our plan for a hybrid program is ready to put into action when it is safe and legal.
When that time comes, Holden will update our website with pertinent details. Families will have the option to continue with the distance learning path discussed above or participate in the hybrid program.
HELP YOUR CHILD RE-ENGAGE WITH LEARNING AND LOVE SCHOOL AGAIN!
Join us for a virtual tour! A virtual tour is a great way to safely tour our campus, ask questions, and determine if Holden is a good fit for your family. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and answer any questions you may have.