Flexible Options for Bay Area Independent Study and Home-School Students
Two unique on campus programs for Independent Study and Home-School students who want to:
- Augment their learning plan with on-campus academic or elective classes in a supportive community environment
- Participate in small classes (3-10 students) taught by experienced staff that tailors instruction to individual student needs
- Prepare to make a successful transition from individual learning to the college class environment
- Experience classroom learning without enrolling in large, impersonal high schools
Both programs offer:
- On campus experience
- Social interaction with a diverse group of teens from around the Bay Area
- A unique learning environment with support and structure
- Meaningful adult relationships in a group and individual settings with teachers, mentors, counselors, and tutors
- A small, safe, accepting community
- Weekly individual Resource, Exploration, and Support (RES) with a masters/post masters level counselor
- Great field trips
1.) The Elective Class Option:
WHAT IS it?
- A part-time offering (two days) of elective classes held on the Holden campus
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Independent study and homeschool students who want to add flexible non-academic courses to their transcripts
- SAMPLE COURSE SUBJECTS: Art, Music, Film, Cooking, Hiking, Yoga, and similar elective subjects
$900 per month
2.) The Academic Class Option:
WHAT IS IT?
- A program of two or more academic classes offered on the Holden campus
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Independent study or home school students who want to take traditional academic classes in a supportive campus environment
- SAMPLE COURSE SUBJECTS: Mathematics, Sciences, History, English, and similar academic subjects
Begins at $953 per month
- Contact Holden by phone 925.254.0199 or complete the “Contact Us” form located on this page.
- One of the best ways to see if Holden is a fit for your family is by scheduling a tour. Tours are conducted during school days/hours. Limit 2 families per tour.