Holden High School is small by design. Founded in 1969 with the understanding that many students learn best in small, caring environments where they are truly known, seen, and valued.
Many students who enroll at Holden have found mainstream school difficult for a variety of reasons and/or their emotional, social, and/or academic needs were not being met in other schools.
Holden serves students who are bright and creative. Many have learning differences and often need social-emotional support.
- A 5:1 student/teacher ratio;
- Engaged academics in a low-stress environment;
- Opportunities for students to earn credit for independent learning;
- Collaborative community;
- Weekly 1-on-1 counseling sessions;
- Onsite extensive academic support;
- Post high school planning.
What Makes Holden Unique?
- Our counseling-enriched program focuses on developing students’ social and emotional skills and growing academic skills and interests.
- Our staff educates a diverse student population of learners in a low-stress engaged educational environment.
- Students leave graduate with a pathway to success and a clear plan for their lives after high school that often includes a 2-4 year college, job, internship, or another program.
Your Gift Matters:
- Tuition covers approximately 70% of the cost of educating our students. When you give to Holden, you help support field trips, athletic teams, elective classes, and a full slate of student activities worthy of a much larger school.
With the vast majority of the school’s budget going to faculty salaries and benefits, the Annual Fund supports programs and resources essential to the Holden experience. Gifts to the Annual Fund are unrestricted and help pay for many of our programs and resources, including:
- Professional development for our incredible teachers to help them remain current with the best teaching practices for our population of students.
- Consistent technology upgrades to ensure that our students and teachers have access to up-to-date technology that enhances the classroom learning experience.
- A network of student support programs that empower students to realize their full potential as learners and people.
The Impact of Your Donation:
When combined with those of other Holden parents, trustees, alumni, and friends, your donation has a powerful impact on Holden.
Tuition Reduction (Financial Assistance Fund):
Holden has a deep, longstanding commitment to diversity. Our tuition is already lower than many of our peer schools in the area. Holden’s Tuition Reduction (financial assistance) program makes a Holden education accessible to as many families as possible. We currently offer tuition reduction to approximately 70% of our families.
Holden High School is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Tax ID # 94-2275076